Saturday 16 June
1 DAY INTERSPECIFIC CLIVIA EXPO
Clivia Society of NSW
10:30am – 4pm
Thornleigh Community Centre
Cnr Phyllis St and Central Ave
(off Pennant Hills Rd ) next to Bunnings
Friday 21 – Wednesday 26 September
Toowoomba Clivia Society Inc.
9am – 5pm daily
TAFE Horticulture Pavillion
Entrance Campbell St. Behind Cobb & Co.
Saturday 22 September
2018 CLIVIA EXPO
Melbourne Clivia Group
10am – 4pm
St Scholasticas Community Centre,
348 Burwood Highway, Burwood (Bennettswood)
(between Station Street and Middleborough Road)
Parking off Starling St
Please note that the Australian Biosecurity Import Conditions have changed and this does affect Clivia seeds that are imported to Australia from other countries. Review the changes below carefully and understand that seed imports that do not meet these requirements could potentially be seized or destroyed.
Seed arriving through the mail and as passenger baggage will need to be appropriately identified. This can be done by any of the following:
- Commercial packaging and label with the full botanical name (genus and species).
- Commercial invoice listing the full botanical name (genus and species) accompanying the seed.1
- A laboratory report listing the full botanical name (genus and species) accompanying the seed.1
- Commercial supplier’s declaration2listing the full botanical name (genus and species) accompanying the seed.
- Phytosanitary certificate listing the full botanical name (genus and species) accompanying the seed.
- International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) certificate listing the full botanical name (genus and species) accompanying the seed.
- Naktuinbouw Authorised Laboratories (NAL) certificate listing the full botanical name (genus and species) accompanying the seed.
This change is now in affect and will make it difficult for seed exchanges between Clivia enthusiasts in the future. Seed will either need to be from a commercial entity (commercial invoice, commercial supplier declaration or commercial packaging and label) or the seed must be inspected and certified (Phytosanitary Certificate, laboratory report, NAL certificate or ISTA certificate).
If you currently have seed in transit then it will be subject to these conditions.
For more information please contact Plant Import Operations on 1800 900 090 or email@example.com
For more information on the alert, please refer to the BICON website:
Feel free to phone Lisa Fox on 0417087667 if you wish to discuss any of the above.
UPDATE – Clarification of seed identification requirements for seed arriving by mail or accompanied baggage
This alert is to provide clarification of the import conditions for seed arriving through the mail or as passenger baggage.
- If seed is not commercially packaged and labelled then one of the following documents listing the full botanical name must be provided:
- Commercial invoice
- Supplier’s declaration
- Laboratory report
- Phytosanitary certificate
- Seed analysis certificate
- ISTA Orange International Seed Lot Certificate
- NAL quality certificate
- Supplier’s declarations will be accepted from organisations or commercial entities. Supplier’s declarations must be presented on the organisation or business letterhead.
Professor Johan Spies, retired head of genetics at the University of the Free State in 2015 – Bloemfontein, has completed his book, Basic Genetics for Clivia Breeders.
To order: phone Lisa Fox on 0417 087 667 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost is $20 including postage and is for Australia only. Members of the Clivia Society in South Africa receive a $2 discount.
Payment can be made by sending a cheque to Lisa Fox, 88 Mangans Road, Lilydale VIC 3140 or a bank transfer to BSB: 063853 Acc: 10090099. Please ensure you provide your address details for postage.
I am the Australian Representative of the Clivia Society based in South Africa.
Members of the Clivia Society receive an annual Yearbook which is a beautiful publication with photos and articles. They also receive quarterly newsletters and have access to other publications.
Anyone interested in becoming a member, please download the membership application form and send back the completed form with fees.
Fees (AUD $) for 2018 are:
- One year $33
- Three years $85
- Student discount one year $16.50
- Student discount three years $42.50
Payment methods are as follows:
- Cheque, money order or bank cheque made out to Lisa Fox. Sent to 88 Mangans Road, Lilydale, VIC 3140
- Bank transfer to Account name: Lisa Fox BSB: 063853 Account #: 10090099. Please use your surname as the transaction description.
- Via Paypal directly to the Clivia Society. Use the email – email@example.com. PAYMENTS VIA PAYPAL MUST BE IN US DOLLARS (US$25 or US$65)
Contact me with any questions – Lisa Fox
PH: 0417 087 667
Australia Post has announced that the postal charge for domestic parcels over 500g will rise as of the 2nd March 2015.
How does that affect us?
It will not affect seed deliveries as they weight well under 500g nor will it affect seedlings that can fit in a small box or medium sized postal tube. It will affect postage on mature plants as they generally weight around 1kg and it will affect larger seedlings that weigh over 500g.
What are the new charges?
The new charges are made up of:
- A basic charge – $10.05 for destinations in the same state and $12.85 for interstate destinations PLUS
- Distance charge per kg.
A box of 3 mature plants weighing 3kg travelling from Clivia Market to Brisbane will cost $12.85 PLUS $1.45 x 3 = $.4.35. Total price $17.20.
The following link is the Australia Post list of charges per state and zones within Australia – http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/Parcel-Post-price-charges-2mar2015.pdf
How do we work out the postage for plants on Clivia Market?
We have recently implemented a new module to the checkout on Clivia Market that returns the costs in real-time from Australia Post. This means that based on the dimensions and weight of a plant or plants in your shopping cart, your postcode, and that the parcel will be sent from Lilydale in Victoria, the software works out the postage and displays it to you. It also displays a few options that you may wish to choose including Express Post, Signature on Delivery etc.
Are there any additional charges for packaging or handling?
We do not charge any handling fees nor do we charge for the small boxes, custom boxes or postal tubes used to send plants out.
The new look website for Clivia Market is finally live.
What began as a Paypal error when trying to make payments, ended up a full software upgrade, new hosting provider, new website design and a never ending amount of problems.
Fingers are crossed that we have ironed out all bugs and problems, but please do let me know if you encounter anything amiss during your visit. This website will continue to be a work in progress for some time to come.
All visitors who have registered on the website prior to the upgrade will need to reset your password. This is a simple process. Just go to the Forgot Password link and enter your email address. A password will be emailed to you. You can then login and change your password to your own choice. My apologies for this but it seemed the safest way to move passwords from one server to another. This is the link to reset your password – http://www.cliviamarket.com/password-recovery
Let’s hope there are no more software upgrades for some time to come.